Fact: there are many online cash lenders available in the market. Tala Philippines, Moola Lending, and Loan Ranger may be dominating the market, but there is a newcomer these days and people are also raving about it.
Who is this newcomer? It’s Cashalo.
Is it safe? Is it worth applying for? Does it charge high interest rate? How’s the customer service?
Don’t worry. These questions will be answered, so make sure to stick around and find out what customers have to say about Cashalo.
Most customers who borrowed from Cashalo are in unison in saying that Cashalo has low, affordable interest rate at 3.95 percent. In fact, Cashalo’s interest rate are commended by its customers as compared to the rates offered by other online cash lenders. This is the reason why the customers interviewed took a risk and tried Cashalo.
Customers have different experiences. Some say that their loan application was approved within 24 hours from the time they submitted their loan application. They got a call from Cashalo representatives for an interview to verify the details indicated in their loan application. After a few hours, the loan amount was credited to their account.
On the other hand, there are customers who experienced delay in the processing of their loan application. One customer shared that it took two days before the amount was credited to her bank account while another said that her loan application was approved after 24 hours.
Nonetheless, some of the customers interviewed said that while others experienced fast approval, there are many others who got rejected instantly. One app user said that her loan application was rejected less than a minute after she submitted her application.
According to the customers interviewed, Cashalo’s loan repayment scheme is easy and straightforward compared to other online cash lenders they tried. Most of them paid over-the-counter through DragonPay.
Nonetheless, many of them said that they hoped Cashalo will introduce other payment schemes to make loan repayment easier and more convenient.
On Applying for a Succeeding Loan
This is another concern for most of the customers interviewed. According to them, although they paid for their first loan on time (some in advance), they had a problem applying for a second one. They echoed that paying on time and in full won’t automatically guarantee approval for succeeding loan applications.
This is another aspect that is commended by many customers interviewed. Most of them had good experience when it comes to Customer Service, saying that the staff who contacted them are nice and respectful.
Unfortunately, there were others who didn’t have a pleasant experience dealing with Cashalo’s customer service. They said that when making inquiries, follow-up, or clarifications regarding their loan, they rarely get a reply from Cashalo despite repeated messages. When it comes to following up payments, Cashalo representatives are so quick in sending them messages nonstop.
Overall, Cashalo’s low interest rate compared to other online cash lenders is its main selling point. Fast approval is also among its strongest feature, but it is best to lower your expectations since processing time varies per borrower. Still, try downloading the Cashalo app now to give it a try and see for yourself.
“Because, life is never about waiting. It’s about making it happen.”
That’s the slogan that Sterling Bank of Asia is championing. Whether you need funds to start your business, additional funds for capital, making your home renovation happen, money for your upcoming family vacation, payment for your child’s tuition fee, or simply to pay off credit card bills that never seem to end, Sterling Bank’s Persona Personal Loan can be your financial partner.
Features of Sterling Bank of Asia’s Persona Personal Loan
- Loan Amount: minimum of P50,000 to maximum of P1 million
- Loan Term: 12, 18, 24, and 36 months
- Loan Repayment: issuance of post-dated checks
- Interest Rate: not disclosed in the website, but you can check Sterling Bank’s website’s Loan Calculator to give you an idea on how much to pay based on your desired amount and loan term. You can access the loan calculator here.
- Filipino citizen
- Between 21 and not more than 60 years old at the time of loan maturity
- Minimum gross salary of P30,000
- Has valid home and office landline
- If renting, at least one year residency in the home being rented
If employed –
- At least two years employment tenure with current employer
- If employed in BPO and manufacturing companies, employment tenure must be at least three years
- Copy of the latest payslip
- Latest BIR Form 2316 with signature
- Photocopy of one government-issued ID and company ID
- Latest two-month credit card statements
- Certificate of Employment
If self-employed –
- Photocopy of two government-issued IDs
- Credit card billing statement for the last two months
- Business must be in operation for at least three years and profitable for the last two years
- Business permit
- DTI or SEC registration with General Information Sheet (GIS), whichever is applicable
- Six months-worth of bank statements
- Last two years Income Tax Return and Audited Financial Statements
- Trade references (three suppliers and customers each with corresponding contact details)
How to Apply for Sterling Bank’s Persona Personal Loan
- Submit your Persona Personal Loan application form in any of the Sterling Bank branches, preferably the branch nearest your place of residence. You can download the application form here.
- Submit the required documents together with the loan application form.
- Wait for at least seven working days for the review of your loan application. You will be contacted directly by Sterling Bank representative regarding the status of your loan application.
- If approved, the amount will be credited to your Sterling Bank account.
Tips in Applying for Persona Personal Loan
- Open an account with Sterling Bank of Asia. This is a must because funds will be credited to your Sterling Bank account.
- Make sure you own a credit card. This will make it easier for the bank to review your credit standing, which is also one of the important considerations for the approval or denial of your loan application.
- Complete all the documentary requirements needed. This will make it easier and faster for bank representatives to review your loan application.
For further questions about Sterling Bank’s Persona Personal Loan, you may call the bank directly at (02) 721-6000.
You’ll never know when rainy days will come. This is why you always have to be prepared and make sure you have cash on hand or your Emergency Fund has sufficient amount to cover for sudden cash needs.
What if there’s not enough cash on hand? In that case, you can turn to UCPB and avail of its SalarEasy Loan.
Features of UCPB SalarEasy Loan
- Loan Amount: minimum of P50,000 and maximum of P1 million
- Loan Term: 12, 18, 24, and 36 months
- Loan Repayment: via post-dated check
- Interest Rate: not specified, but you can use its online calculator to give you an idea on how much to pay
- Processing fee of P1,500.00
- Early settlement fee of 5% p.a. on outstanding balance
- Late payment fee of P300 or 5% p.a. on outstanding balance, whichever is higher
- Completely-filled loan UCPB SalarEasy loan application form. You can get a copy here.
- Filipino citizen and a permanent resident of the Philippines
- At least 23 years old but not more than 65 years old at the time of loan maturity
- Photocopy of two government-issued IDs
- Must have a checking account and a credit card holder
- Copy of latest utility bill
- Copy of the latest credit card bill for two months
If employed –
- At least two years continuous employment with supervisorial rank
- Minimum gross monthly income of P30,000
- Photocopy of company ID
- Latest ITR or BIR Form 2316
- Business must be operational for at least three years and profitable for the last two years
- Latest audited financial statements and ITR
- Business registration documents (DTI or SEC registration certificate) and permits (Barangay permit, Mayor’s permit, etc)
- Copy of checking account statement for the last six months
How to Apply for UCPB SalarEasy Loan
- Completely fill out the loan application form.
- Submit the completed UCPB SalarEasy loan application and the required documents.
- Wait for five to seven days for approval. You will be contacted directly by UCPB representative regarding the status of your loan.
- Get a free UCPB eMoney Card as a payout method for the loan.
Tips in Applying for UCPB SalarEasy Loan
- Make sure you have a credit card and checking account. The checking account is necessary because this will be the method used to repay the loan.
- Ensure that all of the required documents are complete.
For further questions about the SalarEasy loan, you can call UCPB Consumer Loans hotline at (02) 811-9100 between 8:30am and 5:00pm or go to the nearest UCPB branch.
Who do you turn to in case of financial need? Friends or family will help you save the day, but have you considered your employer as well?
There are companies who offer multi-purpose loan for their employees. On the other hand, some business owners realize that maintaining a lending facility aside from the main line of business can be challenging. What they do is they partner with banks to assist them in providing a loan facility for their employees upon accreditation.
One of the banks that provide this type of facility is Asia United Bank (AUB) through its CasHelp.
Features of AUB CasHelp
- Loan Amount: minimum of P30,000 to maximum of P250,000
- Loan Term: 6, 12, 24, and 36 months
- Repayment Method: Salary deduction with monthly amortization of not more than 25 percent of net income
- Interest Rate: not disclosed in the AUB website. Nonetheless, this would be subject to bank’s approval.
- Loan will be released via Manager’s Check
- Early repayment fee, penalty fee, and processing fee are likewise not disclosed
- Must be between 21 and 60 years of age. One must not be more than 60 years old at the time of loan maturity.
- Must be a regular or permanent employee of the company with at least one year tenure
- Minimum basic salary of P10,000 per month or P180,000 per year
- The company or employer must be accredited by Asia United Bank
How to Apply for AUB CasHelp
To apply for AUB CasHelp, you can contact Asia United Bank directly at (02) 470-9498 or (02) 687-0724 or (02) 631-3333 loc 885, 836, 837, 180, or 181. You can also send them an email at [email protected] to find out how you can proceed with this loan facility.
Tips to Remember Applying for AUB CasHelp
Credit card ownership is not required if you want to apply for AUB CasHelp. Linked bank account or an account with AUB is not required as well. Nonetheless, the biggest consideration should the company accreditation. If you employer is not accredited by AUB, then you cannot avail of this facility.
For business owners or companies, the following requirements must be submitted to avail of this kind of facility for employees:
- Latest three years Audited Financial Statements
- Latest General Info Sheet (GIS)
- SEC Registration Certificate
- Company / Employee Profile
Confirm with your company’s HR department first if your employer is accredited by Asia United Bank. This way, you will be able to enjoy this type of loan facility and make loan repayment easier and more convenient for you.
In a previous post, we shared about Cashalo as another alternative for online cash loan. As of that posting, Cashalo was still not operational.
The good news is as of this writing, Cashalo is up and about, and ready to offer online cash loans for you. Here’s what you need to know about Cashalo, plus a step-by-step guide on how to apply for an online cash loan.
Who is Cashalo?
Cashalo is an online marketplace that allows Filipinos to collaborate for financial services where you can borrow between P2,000 and P10,000. Unlike other online lenders, Cashalo allows both lenders and borrowers to connect. As long as you are over 18 years old, employed, and with a steady income, you can apply for a loan through Cashalo.
How to Apply for Cashalo
- Download the Cashalo app for free. You can get it at Google Play Store for Android devices or App Store for Apple devices.
- Once you downloaded the app, you have to Sign Up using your mobile number. A six-digit code will be sent to you to verify your mobile number. Key it in.
- Enter your username and create a password. Click “Sign Up.” Make sure you write down your username and password for future reference.
- You will be redirected to Cashalo Homepage. Click “Apply Now” to apply for a loan.
- Choose a loan amount between P2,000 and P10,000 and then select the loan term. Loan term is maximum of 33 days. As you navigate, you will see the total amount due on the lower portion. Click “Apply Now” thereafter.
- Take a photo of your ID, preferably government-issued ID, and click “Next.”
- Input your Personal Information such as name, place of birth, and marital status.
- Provide References, specifically at least one friend and one family member.
- Fill out Work Information details, which includes occupation and employer or company. Take note that Cashalo has pre-installed companies. If you can’t find yours, you can add your employer manually.
- Input your bank details. Unlike other online cash lenders, Cashalo will only remit the amount you borrowed by depositing the said amount in your bank account. It is imperative that your bank account MATCHES your user profile in Cashalo, otherwise, you won’t be able to get your money or your loan application might be rejected.
- Complete your loan application with online facial recognition.
As soon as you completed the steps, Cashalo will redirect you to a page indicating that your loan application was submitted. Cashalo will review your application within 24 hours and if approved, the amount will be deposited to your nominated bank account.
Are you ready to give Cashalo a try? Make sure you have an ID with you to speed up the loan application process.
“We believe in you,” says the tagline of RCBC or Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation. Despite being caught in a controversy, RCBC is business as usual and constantly providing products fit for every consumer.
One of the financial products offered by RCBC is MyCash Loan, which is their version of personal loan. You can use this loan to pay off bills, school-related expenses, home improvement, purchase of new gadgets or appliances, vacation, and other personal needs. More than this, RCBC also offers counselling services and advice, including best options on how to pay for your monthly amortization.
Here’s everything you need to know about this facility – features, requirements, how to apply, and tips – in case you decided you need one.
- Loan Amount: minimum of P50,000 to maximum of P1 million
- Loan Term: 6, 12, 18, 24, 30, and 36 months
- Interest Rate: Interest is not specified, but you can check RCBC Loan Calculator to give you an idea on monthly amortization
- Loan Repayment: Automatic Debit Arrangement (ADA) facility or issuance of post-dated checks through RCBC Checking Account
- Late payment charge of 5 percent p.a.
- No early settlement charges IF bank is informed at least one month prior to early termination
- Processing fee of P1,500 for loans below P150 K and one percent of approved loan amount if above P150K
- Accomplished application form
- Valid government ID
- Has Philippine-issued credit card for at least two years
- Owned (2 years) or rented (3 years) residence
- At least 21 years of age and not more than 65 years old (if employed) or 70 years old (self-employed) upon maturity of the loan
- 1 month latest utility bill
If employed –
- Regularly employed for at least two years and in middle management
- Company / employer must be part of 10,000 corporations OR legitimate company operating for at least five years
- Certificate of Employment and Compensation OR latest payslip for two months OR ITR
- Tax Identification Number
If self-employed –
- Business must be in operation for at least 5 years and operating profitably for the last two years
- ITR and financial statements for the last two years
- Business registration certificate from SEC or DTI, whichever is applicable
- Business permits from barangay or Mayor’s office
- List of active suppliers and customers
How to Apply for MyCash Loan
- Fill out the MyCash Loan Application form.
- Submit the application form together with the required documents in any RCBC branch.
- Loan processing will take five to seven days. You will be informed of the status of the application thereafter. If approved, you can now withdraw the funds.
Take note that as of this writing, there is no online application available for MyCash Loan. You may go directly to the nearest RCBC branch to request for an application form.
Tips when Applying for MyCash Loan
- Make sure you are a credit card holder. This will help RCBC (and any other banks) check how financially responsible you are.
- Prepare the documents. Make sure it is complete before going to the bank.
- Checking account is a MUST. RCBC prefers checking account from them, but they will accept PDCs from checking account with other banks.
You might be wondering why Metrobank doesn’t have a Personal Loan facility. The answer is simple: its subsidiary, Philippine Savings Bank or PS Bank offers this kind of loan facility.
In that case, say hello to PS Bank Flexi Personal Loan with Prime Rebate. It is the first and only non-collateral personal loan with fixed term loan and revolving credit line. This facility has lower interest rate with the interest applied only on the amount used and not on the entire amount approved.
Features of PS Bank Flexi Personal Loan
- Revolving credit line, which means this is a type of credit with no fixed number of payments. In fact, the amount you can borrow decreases or increases depending on how much you repaid.
- Loan rebate program wherein you will receive rebate or savings every time you make advance payments or pay an amount in excess of what is required from you. Take note that the rebates earned are computed on a daily basis.
- Loan Amount: minimum of P20,000 to maximum of P250,000
- Loan Term: 24 and 36 months
- Interest Rate: 2.5 percent monthly interest rate for Revolving Credit Line; 1.75 percent monthly add-on rate for Term Loan
- Loan Repayment Options: over-the-counter payment thru ay PS Bank branches, BancNet ATMs, PS Bank Mobile / Online if account is enrolled
- Loan application processing of five to nine working days
- Handling fee of P1,500 or one percent of the approved credit line, whichever is higher
- No pre-termination or early settlement charges in case you want to pay the loan in full
- Payment of P1,500 for credit line renewal
- Filipino individuals between 22 and 54 years old upon application
- Completely filled out application form. You can get a copy here.
- With residential / business landline, mobile number, and email address
- Photocopy of any of the valid IDs: SSS, GSIS, company ID, Driver’s license, passport, TIN, NBI clearance, PRC ID, or IBP ID
- An active credit card holder with original copy of the latest credit card billing statement
If employed –
- At least two years permanent work status with one year tenure in current employer
- Gross monthly income of at least P15,000
- Photocopy of BIR Form 2316 or 2306
If self-employed –
- Business must be operating profitably for the last three years
- Gross monthly income of at least P30,000
- Photocopy of BIR Form 1701
- Photocopy of Auditor’s Report and Financial Statements with BIR stamp
How to Apply for PS Bank Flexi Personal Loan
- Fill out PS Bank Flexi Personal Loan application form. You can get your copy here.
- Wait for one to three days for credit decision.
- If approved, submit documentary requirements needed to book your loan.
- Your PS Bank Flexi ATM card and temporary PIN will be delivered to you upon submission of all requirements. Wait for five to seven days for Metro Manila and seven to nine days for provincial customers.
- Use the ATM card to withdraw the approved funds from your loan application from any PS Bank, Metrobank, Bancnet, MegaLink, and ExpressNet ATM networks nationwide. You can also request for the issuance of PS Bank Flexi Personal Loan checks to withdraw the funds.
Tips in Applying for PS Bank Flexi Personal Loan
- Own at least one credit card with YOU as the principal credit card holder.
- Completely and honestly fill out your loan application form.
- Make sure you don’t have any past due accounts. Negative credit standing will reflect poorly on your loan application.
Are you ready to apply for one?
EastWest Bank is one of the fastest-growing bank nowadays. To keep up with the growth and trend, the bank continuously offers products fit for every member of the society. This includes personal loan, a multi-purpose loan that is designed to suit your financial needs. This is open to everyone (as long as it is within the age limit), which you can use to pay off bills, renovate your home, investment, or for your child’s education.
Here’s what you need to know about EastWest Bank’s Personal Loan facility plus tips on how to apply and boost chances of approval:
Features of EastWest Bank Personal Loan
- Loan Amount: minimum of P25,000 to maximum of P2 million
- Loan Term: 12, 18, 24, and 36 months
- Monthly Interest Rate: 1.89 percent if borrower has either no credit card or with credit card less than one year; 1.49 percent for 12 months, 1.59 percent for 18 and 24 months, and 1.69 percent for 36 months
- No collateral and co-maker required
- Loan proceeds will be released via Manager’s Check, which you must pick up at EastWest Bank Head Office
- Loan payment through Post-Dated Checks, which will be picked up by EastWest Bank’s authorized messenger. You can also request for Credit to Account option
- Processing fee of P1,900, which will be deducted from the loan proceeds
- Late payment fee of P500 per month or 8 percent per month of the past due amount, whichever is higher
- Early Payoff Fee of P500 per month or 8 percent per month of the outstanding balance, whichever is higher
- Filipino citizen
- At least 21 years old at the time of loan application and not more than 65 years old by the time the loan matures
- Have landline number AND mobile number available
- With gross monthly income of at least P15,000 or basic annual income is not less than P180,000
- Photocopy of at least one valid government-issued ID. You can also check out the list of acceptable IDs here.
- If employed, photocopy of latest ITR or BIR Form 2316; OR latest payslip for the past three months; OR latest credit card Statement of Account
- If self-employed, photocopy of ITR or BIR Form 1701, audited Financial Statements, DTI or SEC registration certificate, latest credit card Statement of Account, AND other documents for further verification such as Business Permit or Mayor’s Permit
How to Apply for EastWest Bank Personal Loan Online:
- Fill out the online application form. You can access it here.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Enter the Verification Code and click Submit.
- Attach scanned copies of the required documents for reference.
Loan processing will take some time. You will also be contacted by the bank’s representative for additional instructions, so make sure to check your email regularly.
Tips in Applying for EastWest Bank Personal Loan:
- Submit all necessary requirements, especially proof of income, to facilitate faster processing and approval.
- Own a credit card or at least consider getting one if you plan to apply for the bank’s Personal Loan facility. Having one (and making sure you pay on time) gives EastWest Bank an impression that you are a responsible borrower.
Are you ready to apply?
One of the popular loan facilities offered by banks is the personal loan facility. In a previous post, we shared about how to apply for BDO Personal Loan plus other tips to help you increase chances of approval. Apparently, it was for employed, self-employed, and professionals who reside, work/do business in the Philippines. It turns out that BDO offers another type of personal loan facility specifically for OFWs.
There are two types of BDO Kabayan Program:
- Secured Loan: This is often offered against on Individual or Joint BDO saving account or time deposit deposit, which will be used as a security
- Unsecured Loan: This non-collateral loan is a multi-purpose loan for OFWs with fixed income.
Aside from this, here’s what you need to know about BDO Kabayan Program:
Features of BDO Kabayan Program
- Loan Amount: minimum of P10,000 to maximum of 90 percent and 80 percent of the deposit account balance for Peso and Dollar account, respectively.
- Loan Term: 6, 12, 18, 24, and 36 months; if secured and contract based employees, the maturity of the Time Deposit and the loan tenor, respectively, must be co-terminous with the loan
- Fixed monthly payment
- Interest Rate for Unsecured Loan: Fixed at 2 percent, regardless of the loan term
- Interest Rate for Secured Loan: 0.84 % (6 months), 0.79% (12 and 36 months), and 0.78% (18 and 24 months)
- Loan processing fee of P1,200
- At least one valid government-issued ID
- Between 25 and 65 years old (at the time of loan maturity)
- At least three years continuous employment or employment contract
- At least one landline at residence or employment
- Gross monthly income of at least P10,000 or its US dollar equivalent
- Beneficiary of the loan must be within BDO serviceable area or 30km radius from any BDO branch
- Signed Automatic Debit Arrangement form
- Authorization letter for beneficiary and signed by OFW-applicant
- Beneficiary Information form, if funds will be released to anyone and not the OFW-applicant
- Special Power of Attorney, if OFW-applicant is abroad and cannot personally process the loan application
How to Apply for BDO Kabayan Program
- Completely fill out an application form and submit it at any BDO branch near you. You can download a copy of the application form here.
- Submit the required documents together with the completed application form.
- Wait for a call from BDO representative regarding the status of your loan application within one to two weeks from the time loan application was submitted. If approved, the proceeds will be credited to your BDO account.
Tips in Applying for BDO Kabayan Personal Loan
- Submit all the required documents to lessen the processing time.
- Make sure that there is no bad credit or adverse findings in your Credit History. If there is, make payments as soon as you can to minimize negative feedback on your credit score.
- Only transact with BDO branches near your area.
Most banks will simply recognize your status as OFW and that’s it. This is how BDO Kabayan Program can set itself apart from the other personal loan facilities offered by other banks. The facility is specifically designed for OFWs to make availment easier and more convenient. This way, BDO can extend credit to those who are in need of immediate funds.
There are several reasons why you need to borrow money. It could be to pay off emergency expenses, finance your travel with the family, make improvements in your home, and the list goes on. Whatever your reason is, one thing’s for sure: Security Bank’s Personal Loan facility can help you.
Here’s what you need to know about this facility:
Features of Security Bank’s Personal Loan
- Loan Amount: P30,000 to maximum of P1 million
- Loan Term with Corresponding Interest Rate: 12 (1.39%), 18 (1.49%), 24 (1.59%), and 36 (1.69%) months
- Processing fee of P2,000 to be deducted from loan amount
- Payment of Documentary Stamp Tax for loan above P250,000
- Payment of Notarial Fee for Loan above P100,000
- Payment of 5% from the remaining balance in case of Early Termination of Loan
- Late payment fee of 3% of the amount due or P500, whichever is higher
- Age of the applicant must be between 21 and 65 years old
- At least one valid government-issued ID with photo and signature
- Proof of billing
- Minimum monthly gross income of P15,000 and P12,000, respectively
- Photocopy of company-issued ID
- Any income documents such as latest one-month payslip with Certificate of Employment, OR latest one-month payslip with ITR, OR latest three-months payslip
- At least two years in business on the same line and minimum monthly gross income of P30,000 and P25,000, respectively
- Latest two years Audited Financial Statement
- Business Permit
- Mayor’s Permit
- SEC registration or DTI Certificate
- Latest three months bank statement
- Latest GIS, if corporation
- List of three suppliers and customers with contact numbers
How to Apply for Personal Loan with Security Bank Online:
- Fill out the online application form, which you can access here.
- Once you completed the application form, attached a scanned copy of the required documents.
- Click “I Agree” to the Terms and Conditions, and click “Next.”
- Wait for a confirmation that your application was received through SMS.
- If approved, a Security Bank representative will notify you of the status of your loan application. You can also make a follow-up by calling the SBC Customer Service Hotline at 02-8879188 or send an email at [email protected]
- Loan proceeds will be released through Manager’s Check (MC) or to be credited in your Security Bank deposit account.
Online application is convenient, but you can also apply directly in any Security Bank branches near you.
Tips in Applying for Security Bank’s Personal Loan
- Complete all the required documents before applying for a Personal Loan.
- Make sure you don’t have any past due accounts or bad credit. This will adversely affect your loan application.
- Availing two personal loans at the same time is not recommended UNLESS you paid at least half of the existing loan and there is no record of missed payment.
- In case you have a cancelled credit card, get the necessary clearance from the issuing bank signifying that such credit card was cancelled. This will ensure smooth processing of your loan application.
Are you ready to apply for a personal loan with Security Bank? Make sure to remember all of these pointers to make loan processing easier for you.