Get Your New Gadget For Online Class – And Pay In Installment – With InvestEd
The effects of Covid-19 pandemic are unprecedented. All of a sudden, the world is facing an enemy with no cure, thereby killing millions of people and forcing billions more to stay at home to prevent the spread of virus.
As they say, life must go on. This includes going to school.
Since face-to-face classes are prohibited to minimize the spread, schools adopted Online Distance Learning, which means students will meet their teachers and classmates virtually. When Distance Learning is being implemented, this follows that every student will need one gadget to be able to attend classes.
Here’s the thing: gadgets don’t come with a cheap price tag. If you prefer a reliable learning tool, then then you might have to spend at least P20k for a laptop.
Thankfully, there’s InvestEd.
Who is InvestEd?
InvestEd is a company that offers sustainable and inclusive student loans to kids, regardless of the socio-economic class. The company, led by individuals who are successful in various fields such as Education and Microfinance, believes that investing in youth could help them gain employment and succeed later on in life.
InvestEd also offers Student Loan, which allows you to finish schooling and pay the loan after graduation. Apart from the financial assistance, the student-borrower can also have access to financial coaching and an overall college experience.
Here’s the exciting part: InvestEd recently partnered with Lazada so you can finally get a gadget for distance learning.
The InvestEd x Lazada Partnership
InvestEd believes that no student must be left behind in the new normal. Unfortunately, one of the reasons why students opted not to study this school year is because they cannot keep up with the growing needs in online classes. Apart from the stable Internet connection, students need their own gadget where they can attend classes and be able to submit requirements. This could be heavy on the parents’ pocket, especially when there are multiple kids.
Through this partnership and in line with the company’s commitment to help Filipino students’ reach their dream, students can now purchase any gadgets from Lazada through Gadget Loan. In fact, you can get a loan for any of the following:
- Mobile phone
- Mobile Internet
Students, through their parents, can apply for this loan as long as the following criteria are met:
- Student must be 18 years old and above
- S/he must be enrolled in any college, university, or other learning institutions in the Philippines
- S/he must be in last two years of schooling
How To Apply For A Gadget Loan
There are two ways to apply for this loan. You can apply through the Invested website or through the Lazada app.
Applying Through InvestEd Website
- Visit the InvestEd website (www.invested.ph) and fill out the online application form. You can also access the application form here.
- Make sure to choose Gadget on the loan product you plan to avail.
- InvestEd representative will review your loan application. If approved, then the loan credits will reflect in your Lazada wallet.
- Choose the gadget you wish to purchase, use the credits from your Lazada wallet, and then wait for the items to be delivered to you.
Applying Through The Lazada App
- Download the Lazada app. This is available on both App Store and Google Play Store.
- Go to your Lazada wallet.
- Click Loans and then choose InvestEd.
- Fill out the online application form. Thereafter, InvestEd representatives will review your application.
- Once approved, you can now purchase the gadget you will need for your online class.
Take note that repayment options for the monthly installments include auto-debit arrangement from bank account, bank transfer, and payment through Bayad Center, convenience stores, and pawnshops.
The InvestEd x Lazada partnership could help bridge the technological gaps in education during this challenging time. Unfortunately, this is open to college and post-graduate students only. We have yet to wait if InvestEd will offer the Gadget Loan facility to junior and senior high school students or even better, to all students.
In the meantime, if you qualify for this loan, then take advantage of it.