They Find Ways: How to Apply for a Personal Loan with BDO
“We find ways,” according to BDO, one of the biggest banks in the Philippines. True to its word, BDO offers various facilities to help every Filipino in case financial difficulties or simply for additional funds. One of the loan facilities offered by the bank is Personal Loan.
The facility can be used for variety of reasons like medical emergencies, travel, home upgrade or renovation, purchase of appliance or gadgets, health and wellness, debt consolidation, payment for tuition fee, and other personal expenses but you fell short of cash.
Features of BDO Personal Loan
- Loan Amount: minimum of P10,000 to a maximum of P999,999.00
- Loan Term: Payable in 3 (unsecured), 6, 12, 18, 24, and 36 months
- Interest Rate: varies, depending on the loan term. If payable within six months, interest rate is at 1.3 percent. For 12, 18, 24, and 36 month-loan term, the interest rate is 1.25 percent.
- Cashout Method: Credited to your BDO account
- Payment Method: Auto-debit arrangement, issuance of post-dated checks, over-the-counter payment, SM Bills payment, and BDO online and phone banking
- Late Payment Penalty: 7 percent of overdue amount
- Early repayment is allowed with corresponding Early Termination fee
- No loan processing fee
- At least 21 to 70 years old
- Minimum Gross Annual Income of P120,000 for salaried employees and P400,000 for professionals and self-employed individuals
- Residence or office must be within BDO serviceable area
- With mobile phone and at least one landline in the office or residence
- Photocopy of at least two valid IDs with photo
- For salaried employee, must be staying with the present employer for at least one year
- For self-employed, must be a sole proprietor or majority part-owner of the company that is operating for at least two years
- For professionals, must be in private practice for at least one year
Proof of Income
- For salaried employees, photocopy of the latest BIR Form 2316 signed by employer’s representative AND photocopy of latest payslip OR original Certificate of Employment showing length of service, status, and a breakdown of compensation
- For professionals and self-employed, photocopy of registration of business name, DTI (sole proprietorship) or SEC (partnership or corporation) registration, photocopy of latest ITR, audited financial statements for the past two years, and photocopy of bank statements for the last six months (optional)
How to Apply for BDO Personal Loan
- Fill out BDO Personal Loan application form. You can download it through BDO website or request a copy from any BDO branch.
- Submit the application form together with the requirements listed above.
- Wait for seven to 10 working days loan processing. If approved, you will immediately be informed of the status of your loan application and proceeds will be credited to your BDO account.
Tips in Applying for BDO Personal Loan
- Submit all requirements needed by BDO. This will make loan processing faster if the documents needed by the bank is complete.
- Make sure you don’t have existing bad credit or unpaid loans. Existing loans are fine as long as it is being paid regularly. On the other hand, loans that are unpaid or past due is a big no-no for BDO and could cause rejection of your loan application. Pay bad credit to increase your chances of approval.
- Your proof of income is vital. Make sure you can prove to BDO that you are capable of paying the loan despite existence of other expenses.
Take note that the post discussed BDO Personal Loan only, which is DIFFERENT from BDO Kabayan Program, a loan facility that specifically targets OFWs. The BDO Kabayan Program will be discussed in a separate post.