For OFWs: Get a Personal Loan with BDO Kabayan Program
One of the popular loan facilities offered by banks is the personal loan facility. In a previous post, we shared about how to apply for BDO Personal Loan plus other tips to help you increase chances of approval. Apparently, it was for employed, self-employed, and professionals who reside, work/do business in the Philippines. It turns out that BDO offers another type of personal loan facility specifically for OFWs.
There are two types of BDO Kabayan Program:
- Secured Loan: This is often offered against on Individual or Joint BDO saving account or time deposit deposit, which will be used as a security
- Unsecured Loan: This non-collateral loan is a multi-purpose loan for OFWs with fixed income.
Aside from this, here’s what you need to know about BDO Kabayan Program:
Features of BDO Kabayan Program
- Loan Amount: minimum of P10,000 to maximum of 90 percent and 80 percent of the deposit account balance for Peso and Dollar account, respectively.
- Loan Term: 6, 12, 18, 24, and 36 months; if secured and contract based employees, the maturity of the Time Deposit and the loan tenor, respectively, must be co-terminous with the loan
- Fixed monthly payment
- Interest Rate for Unsecured Loan: Fixed at 2 percent, regardless of the loan term
- Interest Rate for Secured Loan: 0.84 % (6 months), 0.79% (12 and 36 months), and 0.78% (18 and 24 months)
- Loan processing fee of P1,200
- At least one valid government-issued ID
- Between 25 and 65 years old (at the time of loan maturity)
- At least three years continuous employment or employment contract
- At least one landline at residence or employment
- Gross monthly income of at least P10,000 or its US dollar equivalent
- Beneficiary of the loan must be within BDO serviceable area or 30km radius from any BDO branch
- Signed Automatic Debit Arrangement form
- Authorization letter for beneficiary and signed by OFW-applicant
- Beneficiary Information form, if funds will be released to anyone and not the OFW-applicant
- Special Power of Attorney, if OFW-applicant is abroad and cannot personally process the loan application
How to Apply for BDO Kabayan Program
- Completely fill out an application form and submit it at any BDO branch near you. You can download a copy of the application form here.
- Submit the required documents together with the completed application form.
- Wait for a call from BDO representative regarding the status of your loan application within one to two weeks from the time loan application was submitted. If approved, the proceeds will be credited to your BDO account.
Tips in Applying for BDO Kabayan Personal Loan
- Submit all the required documents to lessen the processing time.
- Make sure that there is no bad credit or adverse findings in your Credit History. If there is, make payments as soon as you can to minimize negative feedback on your credit score.
- Only transact with BDO branches near your area.
Most banks will simply recognize your status as OFW and that’s it. This is how BDO Kabayan Program can set itself apart from the other personal loan facilities offered by other banks. The facility is specifically designed for OFWs to make availment easier and more convenient. This way, BDO can extend credit to those who are in need of immediate funds.